Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Retro Aliens

So, these are an assignment for Character Design - we basically had to come up with 8 Characters that had a story behind them with a chosen theme. So, my chosen theme (from the teacher's list) was Alien Sprawl and Brave New World. These little aliens are confused aliens from a planet about 40 light-years away who are vaguely humanlike. They know we exist, and want to be like us, but their only form of correspondence from us is radio and TV waves from the 70s that they picked up. So, getting ready to come to our planet, they deck themselves out in garbled versions of what they think we will think is "cool," and gave themselves "earth names" of famous 70s icons. so here goes (Click to enlarge): 


Barbra


Karen


Donny


Farrah (couldn't help myself)


Dusty


Marie


Cher



And those are their character sheets and height charts. I guess I just felt like being silly when I made these - good not to take ourselves too seriously, right? 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, your idea still cracks me up every time! :) Your characters are so great! And using aliens plus the 70s is a pretty good way to get some crazy-awesome shapes.

    ReplyDelete